Making cookies is something I enjoy a lot because watching my children’s happy faces while eating them is priceless. This recipe especially is something else. During the Christmas vacation, they requested of me to make these cookies, as it had been years since I had made them last… and believe me, as soon as the cookies came out of the oven, half of them were already gone! I also made new fans with my grandkids.
What else can I say? You’re going to love them too.
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup soft butter+1 tablespoon
- 6 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- dash of salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Melt the better and stir in the cocoa, allow it to cool before adding the sugar, eggs, the vanilla; beat well
- In another bowl, sift the flour with salt and baking powder then add it to the cocoa mixture and add the walnuts if you’d like.
- Place in the fridge for 3 hours then preheat the oven to 180 C
- Take a small piece of dough, shape it into a ball, roll it in icing sugar
- Place on an ungreased tray, bake for about 9 minutes, The center should remain moist
- Allow to cool and enjoy (or eat them warm)
ET VOILA… C’EST TOUT! BON APPETIT