This is a very smooth dish, easy to digest and generally liked by all. Boiled potatoes, mashed and baked in the oven with cooked minced meat. We enjoy it best when eating with a good salad.
- 1 kg potatoes
- 150 grams minced beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 teaspoon seven spices
- a handful of pine seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon grenadine molasses
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- about 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- Boil the potatoes until tender, peel and mash, if the potato is dry you may add a little of water while mashing it, season with 1 teaspoon of salt
- Heat the oil in a casserole and fry the onion for two minutes then add the pine seeds (if used) until it turns golden and finally add the meat and fry it until brown, season with 1 teaspoon of salt, seven spices and the molasses (this is a key ingredient for the flavor)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C
- Butter a tray, place half of the mashed potatoes in the tray, with a wet hand flatten the surface of potatoes
- Place the cooked meat, then cover it with the remaining mashed potatoes with wet hand
- Brush the soft remaining butter on the top of potatoes then sprinkle the bread crumbs
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until it turns golden color
As for salad, today I mixed chopped cabbage with sliced cucumber and tomatoes. For the dressing I crushed two cloves of garlic with salt, mixed with one lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil… DELICIOUS..
ET VOILA..C’EST TOUT..